jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
FlyweightAlexandre Pantoja (c)vs.Steve Erceg
BantamweightJonathan Martinezvs.José Aldo
Light HeavyweightAnthony Smithvs.Vitor Petrino
MiddleweightMichel Pereiravs.Ihor Potieria
MiddleweightPaul Craigvs.Caio Borralho

This is a sleeper card. I did not watch last night. Fighter's fights on this card.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
  • Champ Alexandre Pantoja def. Steve Erceg via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
  • Jose Aldo def. Jonathan Martinez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
  • Anthony Smith def. Vitor Petrino vs. via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 2:00
  • Michel Pereira def. Ihor Potieria via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:54
  • Caio Borralho def. Paul Craig via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 2:10
I fell asleep after the prelims so I missed the main card.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Aldo looked really good. He finally mixed back in his kicks equally with his boxing and it opened things up for him. He was the most dominate kicker early in his career, then he just deserted it and relied solely on boxing. Every time he steps back up the kicks, he wins. Martinez never opened up in the fight like he normally does, not sure why, or if it was just Aldo doing something. I'm sure others more experienced can give a better reason. Aldo looks way different to me in the face, maybe it's because he shaved or something. If he keeps up the fighting he did in this fight, I hope he makes another run.

@jipped genes did you see how Michel Pereira won his fight???? WILD! If you can find a clip on it, let me know what you think, lol!!!

Borralho picked apart Craig fairly easy. He is looking good.

Erceg did better than I thought he would. PANTOJA is very beatable! He is a monster in the 1st and 2nd rounds, then he gasses and dies out the rest of the rounds, but he does just enough to keep the lead from his prior rounds he won. It was a close fight. Depending on who won the 2nd round, it was either 2-2 or 3-1 going into the 5th round. Er4ceg won the 4th round, and he was doing well in the 5th until he made a stupid mistake going for a takedown. He did that a few times and it cost him the fight. He lost in the scrambles and Pantoja was able to just keep him pinned on the ground under control. Erceg frustrated me, and he could have had a good chance of winning this fight too. He'll learn from this, but so will Pantoja if/when they fight again. Erceg also needs to be more active. When Pantoja was tired in some of the rounds, Erceg never let his hands and kicks go and he could have capitalized on it, but then he let Pantoja catch his breath/recharge.

Not the strongest card, but it's free for me with the streams so i can't bitch about anything. Some fun fights for sure.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
OH, and Mauricio Ruffy is a fukking stud! I can't wait to see how he does with more fights. He destroyed Mullarkey in his UFC debut this last weekend. Guy is fun to watch. They are already making comparisons to a young Conor McGregor, and I have top agree! Their styles are fairly similar.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Just watched Pereira vs Potieria. Pereiria is an athletic guy. He came into the UFC and fought Tristan Connolly he di all sorts of flips and wheel kicks and gassed himself out and ended up loosing. Fun guy to watch.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic